13th Annual Run the Highlands
Great family friendly event in Lake Highlands. The Lake Highlands Junior Women’s League is one of many wonderful organizations that makes Lake Highlands such a great place to live.
The 13th annual Run the Highlands will be held April 29, 2017. It is a Certified 5K Race, a Family Trail Walk, and Carnival hosted by the Lake Highlands Junior Women’s League to benefit the Lake Highlands community.
Be sure to share your pictures using #RunTheHighlands on your social channels at this year’s event.
April 29, 2017
7:30 AM — Registration & Packet Pick Up
8:15 AM — Jazzercise Warm Up
8:30 AM — 5K Race and Family Trail Walk Start
- Family Trail Walk on the NEW Lake Highlands Trail
- Certified 5K Race (Map)
- The start line is on Church Road in front of Lake Highlands High School.
- Parking will be available in the far east lot (by tennis courts) or the far west lot (by football stadium).
Please visit our Race Info page for more details and to register online, or register at the start line (cash, check, credit card) before the race begins.
8:30 – 10:30 AM — Carnival
- Local sponsors fill the parking lot with stations full of games, information, giveaways, snacks and friendly smiles.
- Bounce houses, balloon artists, air brush tattoos, petting zoo, pony rides and live entertainment are many of the fun attractions.
- Donuts, coffee, water, fruit and snack bars are provided for your enjoyment.